Kong Lung Company, 1975

Kong Lung Company, 1975

Regular price
$190.00
Sale price
$190.00
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 

Kilauea Plantation built this field-stone structure during World War II, replacing the original wood frame building on the site. The first store, established in the 1880's was located on the old highway where the Christ Church Parish Hall now stands. In 1898 the plantation moved the store from the highway to this site in town. Though the land and building were owned by the plantation, the store was managed independently by the Lung family. During the plantation era Kong Lung was a typical plantation general store with groceries, a butcher shop, dairy, tools, clothes, hardware, a gas station, mechanic shop, tires and the post office.