Kilauea Parish Hall, 1975

Kilauea Parish Hall, 1975

Regular price
$190.00
Sale price
$190.00
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 

Constructed in 1925 on Sugar Company land by Kilauea's Japanese Association, this building was used for Buddhist services, social events, and Japanese language school. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the U.S. Army confiscated the hall to house officers. After the war, the building was returned to the Kilauea Sugar Company, and Kilauea's Japanese Association was reactivated. By 1976 the plantation had closed, the Japanese Association had few members left, and the Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii purchased the property for use by Christ Memorial Church as the Parish Hall.